Who We Are
Positive Impact, LLC™ provides executive coaching, leadership and organization development services to a wide variety of clients including Fortune 1000 companies, health care organizations and educational institutions. Our mission is helping leaders, teams and organizations unleash their power to thrive. We use a transformational approach, Integral Intelligence® that enables those we serve to accelerate their development and bring their best to work and life.
Through deepening self-insight, personal accountability and building the capacity to use multiple sources of intelligence, our work creates powerful, sustainable business results by helping leaders bridge the gap between what they do and how they do it. For the past twenty years, we’ve helped hundreds of executives, high potential leaders, their teams and organizations contribute optimum value to stakeholders; while increasing personal effectiveness, satisfaction and engagement in work and life. With deep expertise in appreciative inquiry consulting, we help leaders, teams and organizations create and champion cultures of positive change.
What We Do
We support leaders, their teams and organizations to generate high-value return for their stakeholders through developing their capacity to:
- Effectively execute roles and responsibilities
- Build high performance teams
- Create balance and resilience in work and life
- Assume personal accountability to lead and influence effectively
- Generate high quality relationships, partnerships and conversations
- Foster an expanded worldview that produces a wider repertoire of solutions
- Ask powerful questions, act from and build on strengths
- Model and champion positive change
- Cultivate workplaces that unleash leadership at every level
- Inspire the fulfillment of their organization’s vision, values, purpose and mission
Successful leaders drive results though others. They do so by developing and inspiring those they serve to think creatively, deepen self-insight, embrace change, build critical competencies, cultivate resilience and lead from strengths. They actively create and nurture high quality partnerships and relationships grounded in honesty, and mutual trust and respect. Executing successful leadership requires a commitment to continuously deepening self-awareness, while effectively managing the gaps between one’s intentions and others’ perceptions.
We help leaders unleash the best in themselves and others to create and sustain value-driven organizations and we do this by honoring the following values and commitments to our clients:
- Honesty: We provide feedback that adds value, motivates development, and invites accountability for effective action
- Integrity: We walk our talk by living our values and holding ourselves accountable for delivering on our commitments
- Partnership: We work in tandem with leaders and teams to discover what generates success and providing support in building desired futures
- Growth: We facilitate decision-making and participation at every level of the organization to unleash leadership, learning and personal accountability
- Alignment: We help leaders and teams identify and resolve issues where lack of alignment impedes achievement of personal and collective objectives
We live our values by modeling the following Operating Principles in our relationships with clients:
- Provide candid feedback
- Ask questions that open possibilities for action
- Explore assumptions
- Consider the impact of actions on the larger system
- Foster an atmosphere of trust that promotes open, honest dialogue
- Build from strengths
- Create sustainable performance through self-correction and self-generation
- Inspire change and transformation
- Leadership & Executive Development
- Team Development
- Organization Effectiveness
- Culture Transformation
About Donna Stoneham, Ph.D., Certified Integral Coach®
Dr. Donna Stoneham is a masterful executive coach, leadership development consultant and facilitator whose focus is on helping leaders, teams and organizations thrive. She specializes in developing high potential leaders and executives, works with leaders in the midst of career transitions with increasing scope, and helps leaders build and grow powerful teams. Donna is known for being a catalyst and guide in delivering breakthrough development programs that help leaders express their talents and aspirations in ways that create a ripple effect in their families, teams, organizations and the communities they serve.
Donna’s company Positive Impact, LLC, specializes in executive coaching, leadership and team development, appreciative inquiry and organization effectiveness consulting. In addition, Donna is Principal and Co-founder of Integral Intelligence®, a transformational approach to leadership development. This holistic process creates powerful, sustainable business results by helping leaders bridge the gap between what they do and how they do it. When leaders integrate and act using all aspects of their intelligence (cognitive, emotional, relational, somatic and spiritual) they leverage their full capabilities and unleash the potential in their teams and organizations.
Donna brings over twenty-five years of organization and leadership development experience as a consultant and coach in Fortune 1000 companies, health care and educational institutions, and not-for-profit organizations. Prior to beginning her consulting practice in 1991, Donna served in leadership positions in management, sales and marketing for divisions of The Travelers and New York Life. Over her career, she has helped hundreds of leaders develop values-driven organizations and deeper engagement and effectiveness in work and life in a wide variety of industries including technology, telecommunications, health care, bio-technology, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, government, and education. A well-respected leader, she seeks to model what she teaches. Known for her candor and compassion, Donna brings deep expertise in transformative learning, appreciative inquiry and integral coaching.
- California Institute of Integral Studies, Ph.D. in Humanities, with a concentration in Learning and Change in Human Systems
- California Institute of Integral Studies, M.A. in Human and Organization Transformation
- Trinity University, B. A. in Psychology
- Taos Institute, advanced studies in Appreciative Inquiry
- New Ventures West, Integral Coaching® Certification
- Author, Changing Practices, Transforming Paradigms: An Appreciative Approach to Developing Integral Leaders. 2009
- Author, The Thriver’s Edge: Seven Keys to Unlock Your Highest Potential (due out in 2014).
- Co-Author, “Integral Intelligence™: Unleashing Potential in Leaders and Organizations” in The International Journal of Coaching in Organizations (Stoneham, Weger & Rocco). 2006
- Author, “Changing Practices, Transforming Paradigms: Accelerating the Development of Health Care Leaders” in The International Journal of Coaching in Organizations. 2011
Affiliations & Achievements
- Adjunct Professor in the MBA Program at Holy Names University
- Board Member, Professional Coaches & Mentors Association
- Board Member, Sales & Marketing Executives
- Coaching Certification in Integral Coaching, New Ventures West
- Popular Speaker and Conference Presenter
- Master Mind Facilitator, National Association of Women Business Owners
The Reason I Do This Work
I am a firm believer in the “ripple effect,” and how, as we grow and transform, we inspire others to do the same. When people feel valued and aligned with their work, amazing things happen. My purpose as a leader is to serve as a catalyst and guide in helping people unleash their unique talents and aspirations in ways that create a ripple effect in their families, teams and organizations. Every day I am humbled and inspired by the courageous leaders who embark in the work of self-development to become “the change they want to see in the world.”